Who is entitled to enroll in the trial:
AML /Hi-Risk MDS patients with:
- 8 weeks of life expectancy.
- clinically deteriorating.
- have no more available treatments.
In cohort 1 (dose=6mg/m^2) three patients were enrolled.
- The first patient was alive with this dose for 5 months.
- The second patient was alive with this dose for 1.5 months.
- The third patient was using a wheelchair when enrolled to the trial. This patient is now alive for 12 months, walking free and with stable disease.
In cohort 2 (dose=96mg/m^2) two patients were enrolled.
- The first patient was using a wheelchair when enrolled to the trial. This patient is now 10 months into the trial doing gymnastics and feels great.
The cancer cells in her bone marrow and blood decreased dramatically.
- The second patient was 91 years old when enrolled to the trial. Her cancer cells count in her bone marrow have started to decrease. She feels great. celebrated her 92-year-old birthday 3 weeks ago, and is already 8 months into our trial.
Lately, we screened 2 more patients for the trial. Alas they passed away before we started to treat them.